You might wonder:
Should I use baby powder for Sugar Waxing?
- Although it’s not necessary, some people find that applying baby powder before sugar waxing makes the process of peeling off the wax strips a more comfortable experience.
How should I prepare for the Sugar Waxing procedure?
- Wipe clean the skin area to be waxed with a wet wipe and/or damp paper towel.
How long should the hair be for Sugar Waxing?
- For best results, we recommend the hair to be at least 1/5” long. This would typically be 14 days since your last shave or one month since your last sugaring or waxing procedure.
How often should I repeat the procedure?
- Approximately every 2 - 4 weeks.
Are there any special instructions for people with sensitive skin?
- For sensitive skin types, we recommend that for the first 48 hours after sugar waxing, you should apply a gentle moisturizer and avoid; tanning beds, hot tubs, chemicals, and perfume.
How do I remove sugar wax paste that’s left on the skin?
- Remove with a damp cloth or wash off with warm water.
What is “Sugaring”?
- “Sugaring” or “Sugar Waxing” is an ancient Egyptian hair removal technique that uses a water-soluble sugar paste to extract hair.
How is Sugaring different from Waxing?
- Unlike waxing, which removes hair against the natural direction of growth, Sugaring removes hair in the natural direction of hair growth, which, according to Web MD, can help to prevent ingrowing hairs. Furthermore, sugar paste is heated to a lukewarm temperature unlike wax which is heated to higher temperatures, posing a greater risk of skin burns.
Is Sugaring environmentally friendly?
- Smooth Lab only uses natural and organic ingredients in its Sugaring Paste, and although not recommended, you can even eat it! Our Sugaring Paste contains a mixture of all-natural ingredients; sugar, citric acid, and water.
How long does one jar of Sugaring Paste usually last?
- Underarms: 20 applications
- Deep Bikini: 5-7 applications
- Full legs: 3-4 applications
- Half legs above the knee: 4-5 applications
On what areas of the body can I apply the Sugaring Paste?
- Smooth Lab paste can be used on any part of the body, except on men’s beards.
How painful is the Sugar Waxing procedure?
- Compared to other hair removal treatments, Sugar Waxing is less painful because:
- Sugaring paste permeates the hair follicles, adhering to the hair from the root and removes it gently
- Unlike waxing or epilation, Sugaring paste pulls the hair in the direction of hair growth, doesn’t damage hair follicles, and is less painful.
Can I use Sugar Waxing if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Yes, since Smooth Lab Sugar Waxing Paste is made from all-natural and organic ingredients, you can even eat it (although not recommended!)
Is it realistic to do a full bikini, full legs, and underarms by myself with Smooth Lab’s Sugar Waxing Paste?
- You can do it! Read the instructions carefully, and try it. It might not be perfect initially, but with time, it will be.
Didn't find the answer to your question? Please reach out to us via Contact Us form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org